30 June 2020
AWA Marine is a growing and dynamic business, providing highly customized solutions to the Commercial, Offshore, Defense and Superyacht Markets in South East Asia.
We are currently seeking to employ a technically skilled candidate with great problem-solving abilities for the position of IT Technician.
The duties of an IT Technician include being a reference point for all IT related queries at the user level, responding to user needs in a timely manner, and ensuring the optimal running of all systems, among other technical duties to be assigned.
The Main Responsibilities will be, as follows:
- Installing and configuring hardware and software components to ensure usability.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Ensuring electrical safety standards are met.
- Ensuring Lan safety standards are met
- Repairing or replacing damaged hardware.
- Upgrading the entire IT system to enable compatible software on all computers.
- Installing and upgrading anti-virus software to ensure security at the user level.
- Performing tests and evaluations on new software and hardware.
- Providing support to users and being the first point of contact for error reporting.
- Establishing good relationships with all departments and colleagues.
- Conducting daily backup operations.
- Managing technical documentation.
IT Technician Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 2+ years experience in computer networks and systems maintenance.
- A+, Linux+ or Cisco Certified Network Associate accreditation advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in software installation.
- Attention to detail.
- Good problem-solving skills.
Potential candidates should submit their resume, job history and salary requirements to Liam.Murphy@awamarine.com.au